Blog | Nibbles By Nic
Summer Steak & Pineapple Stir-fry
Published: Tuesday, July 23, 2013
I am a total lover of Chinese cuisine and most often try and be a good girl. Half steamed/half down and dirty authentic Asian style. Obviously this can still get a little calorie heavy and that is why I try to create my own at-home versions every now and again. Please don’t get freaked out by the ten-plus ingredients listed below because this sauce is going to become your staple for tons of other dishes…fish, chicken, tofu…you name it!
• 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
• 2 heaping tablespoons hoisin sauce (This is considered the Asian BBQ sauce)
• 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
• 2 teaspoons crushed or grated garlic
• 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon grated ginger root
• 2 tablespoon corn starch
• ¼ cup fresh pineapple juice
• 1 cup pineapple chunks
• 2 cups chopped broccoli
• 2 carrots peeled and julienned
• 1 large green pepper sliced into strips
• 1 cup string beans trimmed, then cut into bite-sized pieces
• 1 lb skirt steak (about 4 pieces)
• 2 tablespoons canola oil (more if needed)
• Sriracha hot chili sauce (optional)
• 2 cups cooked brown rice
1.) Whisk first 8 ingredients together in a large glass bowl and combine thoroughly until smooth. (Reserve about 1/4 of the sauce to use for veggie.)
2.) Add meat to the marinade and using clean hands massage the mixture all throughout. (If you can soak overnight as this will maximize the flavor and tenderize the meat.)
4.) In a large nonstick skillet or grill pan heat 1 tablespoon canola oil.
5.) Once sizzling hot, using tongs add steak to pan and cook for 5-7 minutes until just starting to char.
6.) Flip meat and cook other side until done. (Remove from pan & set aside. Once cool cut into bite-sized pieces)
7.) Heat remaining oil and add in carrots. Cook for about 2 minutes and add in broccoli and string beans until crisp and tender.
8.) Stir in remaining sauce, beef and pineapple. Bring to a boil until thick. Serve with brown rice and a squirt of Sriracha chili sauce if you can take it!
- » About Face
- » Auto Gigolo
- » Balancing the Scales
- » Bookworm Blog
- » Globetrotter Dogma
- » Gold Coast Style
- » Hampton Style
- » Music/Arts: Long Island Sound & Beyond
- » Music: Mixed Media Online
- » Music: Subterranean Sounds
- » Nibbles By Nic
- » Notes from the Boardroom
- » Orange & Blue
- » Post-Sandy Resilience
- » Remembering Lou Reed
- » Sports: The Hot Corner
- » Super Neat Beer Adventure, Yes!!